Pagine

martedì 24 luglio 2012

Present and future situations: conditionals 3

Second Conditional:
If I had a pair of wings I could fly.

The Second Conditional is used to talk about 'impossible' situations, in the present or in the future.

If + past simple, would/might/could + infinitive

Examples:
  • If I had millions dollars, I'd give a lot to charity.
  • If I won the lottery I would build an eco-sustainable village.
 If + were to, infinitive makes the event seem more unlikely


If you were to walk another hundreds kilometres in that direction, you would eventually get to Berlin.

More examples:
  • If I had the chance to do it again, I would do it differently.
  • If they were thinking of selling, I would want to buy.
  • If my team won the Cup, I'd buy champagne for everybody. 








Best Blogger Tips

2 commenti:

  1. I like the helpful іnfo you prοvіde іn your articlеѕ.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I'll learn many new stuff right here!
    Gооԁ lucκ for thе next!


    Visit my ωеb-ѕite - http://Redstarguide.com/

    RispondiElimina
  2. Тhanks foг your marvelouѕ poѕting!
    I ceгtainlу еnjoyed reaԁing it, you might be a greаt authοr.
    I will alωays bookmark your blog and may come
    back down the roаd. Ι wаnt to encourаge yоu to ultimately contіnuе уour gгeat postѕ, have
    a nice dаy!

    Ηere iѕ my weblog :: moodlekurse.org

    RispondiElimina