Pagine

lunedì 28 novembre 2011

Unfulfilled past events





I was going to call you, yesterday evening, but the battery of my phone died unexpectedly






The following structures can be used to talk about events which were intended to take place, but which did not happen.

examples:
- I was going to call you, but my battery died.

- I was about to send you an email, when you called me.

- He was thinking of going to China, but he changed his mind and he went to Thailand.

- She had been thinking to buy a new car, but she decided to wait for a good second hand one.

- The meeting, which was to have taken place last Tuesday, was unexpectedly cancelled. Best Blogger Tips

2 commenti:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    RispondiElimina