Pagine

giovedì 26 gennaio 2012

Past situations

Past tenses can be used to talk about unlikely, imaginary or impossible situations in the present, past or future



I wish I hadn't had so much wine before playing..









 The form wish + past perfect can be used to express wishes, regrets and criticisms about the past.

example
- I wish I'd known this things when I was younger

also we can use wish to express wishes or to comment the present

- I wish I could come to the party, but I have to wake up early tomorrow to study
- I wish I could go to run with you, but my leg is still injured and I cannot yet

  • Another form is:




I should have put some cream before going fishing, now I am sun-burned





The form should + perfect infinitive can also be used to express regrets and criticisms about the past.

example
- I should have set the alarm clock before I went to sleep. Now I am late for work.
- She shouldn't have spoken so directly to her boss, now she won't be receiving the promotion. Best Blogger Tips

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento