Pagine

sabato 22 ottobre 2011

Future Continuous: Will be doing

example situation:

Mrs Johnson is a teacher. 
She goes to work every day. She leaves home at 7,30 am and arrives at work at about 8 o'clock. 
Lessons start at 8,30 and continue until 1 o'clock.
At 1,30 she goes back home where she has lunch with the husband.
At 5 o'clock she corrects the homeworks of her students. ...

At 7,45 am: She will be driving to school.

At 8,30 am: She will be starting the lesson.

At 12.30: She will be explaining homeworks to her students.

                                                        At 2 pm: She will be eating at home.

The future continuous (I will be doing something) is used to describe something when I will be in the middle of doing it.

 examples:
- This time next month, I'll be sitting on the beach in Marbella.
- What will you be doing at 8pm tonight?
- Don't worry. I won't be sleeping, if you call me at 2 o'clock.

Also, is possible to use this tense in other situations:

  •  to talk about future events that are fixed or decided:                                        - You know what! I'll be visiting your city right next week!. In fact, I'm going to be coming next Friday!
  •  to predict what we think or suppose is happening now:                                    - I've been trying to call his mobile for an hour. He'll probably still be sleeping.
  • to ask extremely politely, and with no pressure, about future plans:                  - Will you be eating with us for lunch?
Best Blogger Tips

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento