Pagine

lunedì 3 ottobre 2011

Present Simple

Marta is a chef, but now she is at home relaxing on the sofa'.
She is not cooking now, but she usually cooks.





















We use the present simple to talk about things in general.
We use it to say that something happens all the time or repetedly, or that something is true in general:
- I usually have lesson every tuesday morning.
- The planets go around the sun.
- The restaurant in front of my office opens at Noon.


Remember:
I work.... She works
They drink.... He drinks
We teach... She teaches


We use do/does to make questions and negative sentences:
- I come from Slovakia. Where do you come from?
- I don't go to the gym very often
- Bananas don't grow in cold climates
- What do you do? I study at the University
- She is always so tired. She doesn't help in the house.


We use the present simple to say how often we do things:
- I get up at 6 o' clock every morning
- How often do you go to the doctor?
- Petra doesn't drink coffee very often
- Patrick usually goes to sleep at 11pm


Sometimes we do things by saying something. For example, when you promise to do something, you can say "I PROMISE"; when you suggest something, you can say "I SUGGEST"
- I promise I won't be late (not I'm promising)
- What do you suggest i do? I suggest that you...


in the same way we say: I apologise / I advice / I insist / I agree / I refuse.. Best Blogger Tips

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento