Pagine

martedì 11 ottobre 2011

Present perfect 2


Compare the examples:
I have lived in London for two years. (I live in London now.)
I lived in London for two years. (I don't live in London now.)







When we talk about a period of time that continues from the past until now, it is used the present perfect (have been / have done..)

examples:
- Have you ever driven a Ferrari?    (in your life)
- What a boring comedy! Is the most boring comedy I've ever seen!
- I've never been in Israel. Have you ever been there?
- I haven't seen you for a long time! 

The present perfect is commonly used with:
for a long time, recently, so far, in the last few week or days, since breakfast, today, this morning, this year, is the first time

In these examples the periods that we refer to, are not finished:



- Have you been on holiday this year? (is still this year)

- Have you shaved this morning?       (is still this morning)- So far, i haven't seen so much interest from you!
- David hasn't studied so much this term.
- Is the first time she has played guitar in front of so many people.
- Carla has never driven a car before.


Best Blogger Tips

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento