Pagine

mercoledì 12 ottobre 2011

Have got & Have

Have got and have (for possession, relationships):
Is possible to use have got and have (without got), there is no difference in meaning.
examples:
- I've got a new laptop / I have got a new laptop
- She's got two cars / She has two cars
- My house has got a nice terrace / My house has a nice terrace

Note:
  • for the past is used had (without got)
  • with the possession meaning, it is not possible to use continuous forms: We are having a car is wrong. We have got a car is correct.
In past questions and negative sentences, is used did / didn't:
- I had a bike when i was living in London, did you have one as well?
- I didn't have the mobile with me all day long.
- Didn't you have rasta hair last month?


Have is commonly used for many actions and experiences:
Have:
  • breakfast, lunch, dinner, a cup of tea, something quick to eat, ...
  • a problem, a holiday, a party, a rest, a dream, ...
  • a look at (something)
  • a good time, fun, a hard time
  • a son, a daughter, a baby
In all the examples mentioned above, have got is not possible to be used;
but is possible to use continuous forms.

examples:
- Every monday I have (I eat) pasta at lunch.
- We are having luch in a little bit.
- Have a look at the mirror. Best Blogger Tips

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento